When we are born again we are born into the kingdom of God and we are added to the church. The church is the family of God and real community as God intended it is restored within the context of the church. The New Testament is full of “one another’s” and so it is impossible to live an isolated or independent life as a believer. True disciples of Jesus Christ love one another and people who love one another want to be together and to do life together. Real community is not outworked through the mechanics of an organised commune but rather through the dynamic of a Spirit-led life, so that we are not only a group of people who congregate in a church building but each member’s home also becomes an embassy for the kingdom of God wherever they live.
Where there are kingdom people there will be kingdom culture. We are here to be agents of supernatural transformation in a world that has been devastated by the consequences of sin. The blessings of the kingdom of God – salvation, healing, and deliverance – are always relevant in a world where there is sin, sickness, and oppression, and so our mission is to see the curse of sin reversed and to see people saved, healed, and delivered.
When God created the earth he spoke into the darkness and said, “Let there be light!” Wherever the message of the kingdom is preached there will be creative miracles as light dispels darkness, life defeats death, healing displaces sickness, and deliverance drives out oppression. Before God does something, he always says something first, and so we must always remain radical in our hearing and obeying if all that he has purposed is to be fulfilled in us and through us.
You may think that this is one of the strangest looking bunch of grapes you’ve ever seen but it is actually a map of the Western Isles (Outer Hebrides) where we are located. Pastor Donnie received this in a vision in 1993 and remembered that when the twelve spies were sent by Moses into the Promised Land they came back with a bunch of grapes so large that it needed two men to carry it (Numbers 13: 23).
We believe that this perfectly represents our local and regional vision as it clearly portrays the land that we have been commissioned to possess (Habakkuk 2: 2). Obviously, our vision stretches beyond our own shores and we are always looking to expand into other areas, regions, and nations. New Wine Tain is located at the south-eastern edge of the county of Ross-shire whereas New Wine Stornoway is at the extreme north-west of the county, and so we believe that this is significant.
The vision and mission of New Wine Church is to establish and encourage
strong local churches consisting of disciples of Jesus Christ…
Who love the Lord their God with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength, and who love their neighbour as themselves – who demonstrate the love of God poured out in their hearts by the Holy Spirit in a strong commitment to the Lord, to one another, to the whole Body of Christ, and to the people of the community of which they are a part.
Who have allowed the Holy Spirit to blast a hole through the traditions and doctrines of men, and to establish them in the Truth of the uncompromised Word of God – whose doctrine is not based upon their own or other’s experience, but whose experience is determined by faith in the Word of God.
Who are committed to reaching out with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the ministry of reconciliation – to be salt and light in their local community and beyond – locally, regionally, cross-culturally, and internationally.
So they departed and went through the towns, preaching the gospel and healing everywhere
…the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs
- We believe in one God-Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Creator of all things.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the first begotten Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified, died, buried, resurrected, ascended into heaven, and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father and is true God and true man.
- We believe the Bible in its entirety to be the inspired Word of God and the infallible rule of faith and conduct.
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead, the eternal happiness of the saved, and the eternal punishment of the lost.
- We believe in personal salvation of believers through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in sanctification through the Word of God and by the Holy Spirit, and we believe in personal holiness, purity of heart and life.
- We believe in divine healing, through faith in the Name of Jesus Christ, and that healing is included in the Redemption.
- We believe in water baptism, in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as distinct from the New Birth, in speaking with tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance (Acts 2:4), in the gifts of the Spirit, and the evidence of the fruit of the Spirit. We believe that all of these are available to believers.
- We believe in the Christian’s hope; the soon-coming, personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.